Doesn’t this just make your mouth water, I wanted to make up something new for a early summer sweet treat. Our local grocery had these gorgeous white nectarines. I just could resist! I love sweets that are paired with fresh fruit and simple flavors. I decided to go with one of my favorite family recipes for a deliciously dense poundcake topped with the fruit and some vanilla bean ice-cream. I hope you enjoy it!
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Cream together the butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well.
3. In a separate bowl combine together the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add to the creamed mixture alternating with the yogurt until combined.
5. Add vanilla and beat until blended.
6. Grease and flour one loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a knife comes out cleanly.
8. Cool in pan for 15 minutes
9. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
4 sliced nectarines
2 -3 tbsp. good local honey.
A few sprigs of fresh Thyme
1 tsp. lemon juice
Pistachios and vanilla bean to garnish.
1. Mix together the nectarines, honey, lemon juice and fresh thyme.
I like to serve the cake slightly warm, so the ice-cream melts. Top the cake with a scoop of fruit and a sprinkling of pistachios and a drizzle of gooey honey. Yum!
*If you would like to make this in a lovely fluted bunt pan just double the recipe!